Thursday, November 13, 2014

Who Has The Best Pan Pizza In All Of Westchester...?


...Michael's in Port Chester, that's who! Michael's has been around for over 60 years, servicing all of Port Chester and surrounding areas with its famous pan pizza. "Why is their pizza so famous?", you're wondering? Well, mostly because of the owner's secret family recipe, kicked-back family orientated atmosphere, and a great top shelf bar.  So I stopped by Michael's the other day and spoke with Carol, who has been bartending there for the past seven years. Carol gave me the inside scoop on why she feels Michael's pizza is number one.

15 comments:

  1. I love your commentary behind the interview. It was so humorous and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your voice over was great and I can tell you have an awesome personality Tenika. Very energetic interview and loved the topic as a pizza lover. I'm going to have to try Michael's out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you wrote your blog post and how the title is answered within the text portion right below it. I think that wider shots would have been more effective visually because then theres not any black space surrounding the scene and it can be filled with customers in the background to add the sense of environment. Also, I think when your interviewing it would be better to allow the person to finish speaking fully, because if not then your cutting them off and you could've just lost something important they were about to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Michael's now, I've lived in PC my entire life and never went, now I'm going there on friday with friends ! I liked the video however I feel that during your interview you sort of cut her off a bit but other than that it was great

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't wait to watch your video because I like food and the title completely had me wanting more. I wanted to know who is this person that makes the best pan pizza because I want to go ! Your video was entertaining, and interviewee is very passionate about her job. The close up shot, and mid-shot helped me gain a perspective on the store. I like your article. I think you could have made the video shots a little wider.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed watching your video Tenika as i am also a PiZZA lover. i just wish you had maybe asked more questions or gotten one of the customers reviews about what they enjoyed at Michael's. You had great chemistry with the bartender she seemed very comfortable speaking with you.I am sure going to check this spot out thanks for the foodie hookup !

    ReplyDelete
  7. The video was excellent. You gave great information and had great shots that displayed the layout of the actual restaurant and its staff. The video could be a little longer, as well as the text. There are some formatting issues though. You used certain words to accentuate your sentences, though they came off as slightly redundant. Things like "kicked-back family atmosphere..." and "great top shelf bar..." can do without the accents "kicked-back" and "great." family oriented already implies that it is a relaxed, appropriate environment, while top shelf already implies that the bar is high quality. Great video though. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had your confidence and personality, it comes off so great in the video and you could probably make me interested in just about anything. Would've loved to see maybe a customer talking about why they eat there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your personality gave the video life as well as hearing you engage in conversation with her. would've like to see more workers and customers give their input, most importantly more food (lmao ;-P) Nice video.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job of having that blended combination of energy, humorous, and close up shots of the pizza and wings, it made me want to go and get some michaels pizza, and I don't live anywhere close to portchester. Then again, the video would of been better off if you had gotten at least one or two interviews from customers and see what's their opinion on the pizza. Also, being that you were so interactive with the interviewee, I think it would of benefited the video more if you were on camera.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it great that your title was a question and you answered it in the article. it makes the reader want to know more. i would like to hear from some customers from Micheal's just to get their opinion. also try not to talk over the person you interview.

    ReplyDelete
  12. TENIKA, i could listen to you speak for days, you always crack me up. your your personality really shows in your voice, so it really kept me engaged in your story about Michael s. i enjoyed this one, i have to check this place out, and try their wings too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michael's rules and I live in Port Chester (and like it here) so I'm already biased and enjoyed your video! I think adding some b-roll of customers, maybe having them say what they like about Michael's would have been a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the humor in this, your personality really puts a fun vibe on the whole project. It came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your personality and enthusiasm but it's always best for a reporter to remover herself from the story. If you don't, your news story can run the risk of seeming like a commercial rather than news. You can see the grade for your project in Blackboard. Thanks ~ Prof. Luther

    ReplyDelete