I had the chance to sit down with Tyler Taylor, a breakout designer, to talk about Showgirl, her new line filled with clutches and dresses. At first, Tyler's passion for fashion inspired her to find different affordable ways to enhance her personal wardrobe. This later cleared way for her to start making duplicate designs for others.
Taylor, a young blossoming entrepreneur,
blogs about new innovative ways to add that fashionista touch to everyday items. Taylor told me that she has been influenced by many big names but Chanel's detailed yet simplistic style is what inspired her to feel as though her dreams could come true. Knowing that Chanel had started from scratch helped motivate that "I Can Do It" attitude, allowing Tyler to realize her passion could become a career.
 |
| Showgirl Tyler Original Strapless |
Heres a little secret taylor told me about her clutches.. every Showgirl
clutch has a different fabric to line the inside! Tyler feels it gives her purses that individual touch.
I enjoyed the way you conducted the interview, it really captivated how her line makes her feel.
ReplyDeleteI thought your clip was good, interviewing Taylor at work and I love the black clutch
ReplyDeleteI really liked the sped up shots of her working and shopping, they looked really professional! The way you shot her interview was also visually pleasing, with the mannequins placed around her.
ReplyDeleteI like how you incorporated music into the video. It fits the video nicely.
ReplyDeleteThe video is great, it gives me a better look into Tyler's world of fashion. Her designs have great detailing and helps keep your video interesting. I love the shots that you use for your video; the wide angle shot, low to high, and using your rule of thirds in the piece. The pictures in your article are great ! I wish I would have done the same. What I think you could have improved is the voice of Taylor, I couldn't hear her as much, but still it was a great video.
ReplyDeleteI liked how you added music into it that fit the topic perfectly because if you want to do fashion and create it like everything else you have to work at it, the music adds personality. One thing I thought that could be improved was to let the person your interviewing restate the question your asking them in their answer.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the story and loved the song input! It fit perfectly with your story. Also thought you asked all the right question.
ReplyDeleteThe b-roll and cuts are well done. I think the interview is a little hard to follow. Some questions and answers were cut short. The story and pictures go well with the video. However, you should take yourself out of the story. "I had the chance to sit down with...," for example. It is well written otherwise.
ReplyDeleteFYI: Since it was a human interest/fashion piece and not "hard" news, I told Ariel it was ok to go with the "I had the chance to..." angle. It helped give her the more personal touch she was going for. - Prof. Luther
DeleteExcellant use of video editing to accentuate the non-verbal shots. The high speed camera action adds to the professionalism while more efficiently displaying that there is in fact something being accomplished in the shot. Small formatting and grammar issues could be a slight issue in the text. For example, "Taylor, a young blossoming entrepreneur, blogs about new innovative ways to add that fashionista touch to everyday items." can be slightly changed to "Taylor, a young and blossoming entrepreneur, has a blog featuring the new and innovative ways to add a fashionista accent to your every day wardrobe." On the whole, a great video and good read. I thoroughly enjoyed this piece.
ReplyDeleteGreat video. From start to finish i was very into the topic, a lot of it had to do with the creativity used. Also, for the written part i think it explained it well enough to give us an idea and some background information.
ReplyDeletePerfect job of staging the interviewee next to the manikins, that filled up the screen with the theme of what the video is about, fashion. You also did a smart thing by posting pictures of the designs.
ReplyDeleteI was surprised at how small your article was, however a full article was not necessary being that the video alone was very descriptive and gave good insight on the fashion industry. The setting was appropriate for the concept, as well as the music was incorporated well in the middle and end of the video. Good Job!
ReplyDeletei loved how you had the mannequins behind her in the interview and some of her own products she made. i liked the music in the video.
ReplyDeleteyour video was very entertaining. the music was good, the interlude with the clips slowed down while the music played cracked me up, i wasn't expecting it. you kept my attention throughout, and you explained your friends story very well!
ReplyDeleteGreat video and interview. Tyler Taylor looks very comfortable talking to you, thus making me the viewer feel like she's talking to me directly. The lighting and the contrast between the striped dress / mannequins vs Tyler Taylor really makes her the center of attention. I also like the layout of the post: a written intro, video, some photos with more words etc.
ReplyDeleteI like how you sped up some of the video and i also enjoy fashion, and how you added music!
ReplyDeleteThe use of music and b roll came out very nice! Great job!
ReplyDeleteGood idea and I really liked the camera work/tricks and use of music in the b-roll. The interview suffered a bit by comparison and weren't edited as tightly as they could have been. You can see the grade for your project in Blackboard. Thanks ~ Prof. Luther
ReplyDelete