Thursday, November 13, 2014

Through The Eye Of The Director


     Many wonder, "what exactly is the job of the director?" Usually people see the director standing on set and assume that he just yells at people. Well, Ralph Puma is putting those assumptions to shame as he directs his new TV web series comedy-drama, "Nerdtourage".
     The production of the comedy-drama was shot around Ralph's neighborhood in Yonkers, NY.  This series was a small production, so Ralph had to work with limited crew, cast, and equipments. But being the good director he is, Ralph's was able to manage the entire production, and captured his vision onto the camera with the performance from his actors that we worked very close with. I took a look at what Ralph Puma is doing as he is hard at work on sets, endeavoring to get the job done and finish the production.

Click here to watch the Nerdtourage teaser trailer and episodes yet to be released.

Click on these links below to stay in touch and up to date with everything that is going on with Nerdtourage:
Facebook page
Instagram
Twitter
Tumblr

16 comments:

  1. Really awesome editing and different shots of the set and the actors kept me interested in the video. I liked how you even interviewed the director in more than one setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fan of film I enjoyed the interview and hearing about different stages of his work. Awesome video hopefully these young men make it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great editing for your piece, looks professionally done. The interview was great, and the shots were awesome. I like you depth of field, close ups, panning, and lighting in your piece. The only thing I would say could be better is one little part near the end the audio for your interviewee gets a little lower, but overall I really like your video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that in your written blog post that you should try to keep your personal opinion out of it, regarding "good director", you should let the public/audience decide that, not you telling them what to think of him. I like the topic and thought that the view point was captured well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this was really great you gave us a look on what goes on behind the camera and to get a interview with the actual director of the film just brought ever thing home this was very professionally done in my opinion great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i liked the different shots and the ending of the directer saying action..

    ReplyDelete
  7. great editing, and commentary by the people you interviewed, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having the interview in different spots really made the video enjoyable to watch. With all the different settings and angles, there was never a boring moment of video footage. I also appreciate all the links to follow up on Nerdtourage

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the way the interview kept going in the background with the videos of the scene

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the interview, it really gave me the perspective of being a director!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you did the interview, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow this was great! though maybe could project your voice more clearly in the beginning. I enjoyed the different shots you took and the back and forth of the shots while he was speaking was very smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nicely edited and good interview bites. I would have liked more sound from others on set but what you have is very good. You can see the grade for your project in Blackboard. Thanks ~ Prof. Luther

    ReplyDelete
  15. One more thing - your narration at the top was a bit rushed and hard to understand.

    ReplyDelete