Two letters.
One word.
No.
The word no is international and can be used by everyday people. This word can be used under any circumstance without the need of requiring justification for its use. It is a symbolic determiner that holds power by allowing a person to voice their stance in any situation.
In the comfort of her own home, I interviewed college student Michelle Imbruglia, giving her the opportunity to unveil her take on the word "no". In this interview the word "no" begins to unfold and its meaning is interpreted by how she views the world in her eyes. While explaining how she perceives this word and the effect it can have on people, the video follows her train of thought as she divulges into specific examples of how she thinks the word "no" can be both appropriate and inappropriate depending on the type of situation it is used in.
Definitely a really creative video, I would've liked to hear maybe what inspired you to profile a specific word!
ReplyDeleteVery creative video. I feel like the video itself is missing the who, what, how, why aspect even though the article itself covers that.
ReplyDeleteExtremely creative and unique video! I loved the pictures, music, transitions, and most of all loved the topic. The word " no " is powerful.
ReplyDeleteI loved the video it was very intriguing however I would have liked to have seen a clip of how someone reacts to being told "no" in different situations
ReplyDeleteThis video is really interesting and a creative topic. I like the concept of "No," and I wanted to know what know meant, so it helped keep me interested throughout the piece. Your article sent a god message as well, reinforcing that "No" can give us power. Your shot angles are good, the webcam helped give you a close up and there was a close up of the hand making it more personable to your audience.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYes the word no is very powerful and it was explained great in your clip. Knowing that one should not feel bad in using the word no especially when it will stop so many negative things in there life. I liked how she pointed out kids telling their parents no is not good.
ReplyDeleteI liked the written word NO on the hand pics. Though in your article you wrote No can be used in every circumstance, contradicted what you later said in the article along with, what the girl in the video was describing when the term NO could be used inappropriately and appropriately. And great song choice i LOVE Sam Smith!
ReplyDeleteThe topic was a little unclear. While I understand that the topic is the word "no", I am having a tough time understanding the significance of the word. The video was well shot and well done, but the topic left little room for effectiveness. This seems more like a social campaign than a news or informational topic. The video was good, but the topic left a little to be desired. Not to be rude.
ReplyDeleteThe transitioning of clips were nice, however it would have been better to include more than one person's opinion, since a topic like opens room for discussion. The topic itself, to me, needed more elaboration so it could've been more informative. On the other hand, Including the music was a nice idea as well as the ending.
ReplyDeleteVery creative video, the music score really gave this video life. But the story was missing the, when, where. And, the audio mixing was off my a wide range so I had difficulties hearing the interviewee.
ReplyDeletethe video was very interesting i like the concept of the video. i feel that there is no story here because there isn't any who, what,where, how, and why, its more of a creative piece then a news piece. i loved the music, but it was louder then your voice over.
ReplyDeletethis a a good creative piece, i walked away from it thinking about the word NO, so you definitely succeeded in getting the point of the video across. great topic!
ReplyDeleteI think this topic could have benefited from different interviewees, different perspectives. What makes Michelle a college student the authority on the word no? I
ReplyDeleteThis was really creative! i like the topic since you actually got me to think afterwards! Good job
ReplyDeleteThe creativity was very impressive! I was hooked from the start!
ReplyDeleteNicely edited and realized but not hooked to any "news" making it more of a statement than a story. You can see the grade for your project in Blackboard. Thanks ~ Prof. Luther
ReplyDelete