The video took place at Sylvan Glen Park Preserve. This hiking place is located in Mohegan Lake and also has a dog park as long as its nature trails. I interviewed my friend in this video because there had been hardly anybody there. There are many different hiking places not too far from Yorktown, such as Turkey Mountain and Break Neck or Anthony's Nose. Most of these places are open from March to November and are visited by many people on the days possible. Sylvan Glen is a little more amateur than the other hiking spots around here, and doesn't have much of a view. Many people go to these places for hiking, snowshoeing, camping in the woods, and biking too, but not all the places allow all of the activities listed. All of the trails and hiking places vary from size and distance. Sylvan Glen has 4 different trails, each with different lengths and terrain. Some have hills and are a longer distance than others. Many trails vary from 1.4 or so miles to 6 miles. Sylvan Glen Park Preserve is only 1.4 miles. All the hiking places are open from dawn to a half an hour after dusk.
http://www.yorktownny.org/community/sylvan-glen-park-preserve
http://alltrails.com/us/new-york/yorktown-heights
I live in Yorktown and have never been to any of those places so hearing someone else's opinions on their quality was pretty helpful.
ReplyDeleteNot a big hiking fan but enjoyed a piece that I was unfamiliar with. Only issue I had was the ending thought it should of been a smoother fade out the video kind of just stopped.
ReplyDeleteI find this video very interesting, I never really taken a look inside hiking trails. I think you could have used more shots, and a clearer video. The shot angle was good, it kept me focused on the girls experience with hiking. Your article is very lengthy, which is good, it pretty much sums up your video for me.
ReplyDeleteAlthough you could've narrated while walking through the woods, the scenery was nice as well how descriptive your article was.
ReplyDeleteI liked how you walked along the trail and shot footage, it gave it a very in the moment feel. I do think that the video could've used a bit more narration because I feel that when the public is given various forms (verbal, visual, written) to absorb information the message sticks better.
ReplyDeleteYour topic was good never really thought about hiking, seeing the trail and its surroundings was great. I couldn't hear your friend her voice was a little low, I would have liked to hear her more clearly
ReplyDeleteGood job at using those wide shots to capture the geography of the park. But, your shots were too static especially your interviewee, it could of used some B-role so my eyes wouldn't wonder. And, the biggest take away, that 35 second tracking shot clip, was far too long, and because of that, the video had lost my interest. Maybe cutting it down to about 10 seconds with some narration would of helped.
ReplyDeletei never knew about those trails or hiking around there. you could of did a voice over in the start of the video, but it was a nice video to watch.
ReplyDeleteim not a hiker, so it was nice to be informed about something so close to where i live that i never knew existed. you need some more editing, but overall i walked away from this piece knowing something i didnt know coming into the story.
ReplyDeleteThe video needs more narration, and I never got the name of the person you interviewed.
ReplyDeleteThis makes me want to go hiking. I enjoyed the footage of the trails
ReplyDeleteI live right outside Yorktown, it's a great area, this makes me want to go for a hike, lol
ReplyDeleteGood idea but the overall execution was lacking - there wasn't enough narration, the links weren't embedded, the video ratio was incorrect, etc. Better planning and use of class lab time would have gone a long way to improve it. You can see the grade for your project in Blackboard. Thanks ~ Prof. Luther
ReplyDelete