When the legendary Derek Jeter played his final home game as a New York Yankee, one Bronx fan was especially excited. The twenty-two year old Robert Wischers has watched Derek Jeter's career from start to finish witnessing every Derek Jeter moment from his flip play in Oakland, diving into the stands against the Yankee rival Red Sox team, and all four of Derek's World Series Championships.
Derek's final home game was no different for him, Robert witnessed his childhood hero end his career in dramatic fashion with a vintage opposite field single to right field to beat the Baltimore Orioles 6-5. Robert and I took a walk around Morris Park in the Bronx to discuss his feelings of the end of the monumental career of our Yankee Captain.
You seem like you have a really natural interviewing ability! That shot at the end was priceless and made the video really amazing.
ReplyDeleteEven though your video is pretty small, I love the topic. It actually gives it a different feel as you watch both of you walk together for the interview. I like your transitions, especially when you throw a picture of Jeter in there, really helps reel in your piece. Your shot angles are great the depth of field, and panning during the baseball game. I feel that you could have put more information in your article but all in all nice job !
ReplyDeleteOpening the video with the footage of his last "catch" was nice as well as you walking with the interviewee gave the video a 'natural' feel.
ReplyDeleteI liked the way you wrote the blog post because you didn't bury the lead of the story, right when you start reading it you get the important information out there. I like the walk and talk,I think that when you showed the photo of Jeter in the interview if you had found a way to put the photo side by side to show both the walk and talk and the photo at once and transitioned it in easier to then slowly blow the photo up it would've been more visually pleasing.
ReplyDeleteWow just to be able to witness the final game of a baseball legend is an awesome experience, one you will remember for a life time. I love how you were in your video walking with your interviewee it made me feel like I was there too.
ReplyDeletegood job of using pictures to tell your story. And, I liked that you went a different rout and went on camera.
ReplyDeletenice way of conducting the interview while walking. i liked how you put in the pictures and captured a real great moment at the end.
ReplyDeletei really like how you shot this, you used great footage, and the style of how the interview is shot is very ' 60 minutes'. very cool!
ReplyDeleteYour interview was my favorite because I like the way it was conducted. Very casual, like you're walking with a friend talking about your favorite baseball player. Great footage of the crowd's reaction to Jeter's last home run too.
ReplyDeleteI loved this topic, being able to have been at this momentous game the video really made me capture the feel of the environment.
ReplyDeleteI really like how you go that shot at the end!
ReplyDeleteYou really captured the moment of Jeter's last game. I felt like I was there. The interview gave a great perspective on how fans at the game were feeling that day, awesome job!
ReplyDeleteGood editing all around. The walk-and-talk interview was a nice touch but, especially since you were at the game, more sound/interviews with fans you didn't personally know would have been great. You can see the grade for your project in Blackboard. Thanks ~ Prof. Luther
ReplyDelete