The podcast that I chose to listen to is The Nerdist. The Nerdist is a show hosted by Chris Hardwicks. In the episode that I listened to, he interviewed actor Benedict Cumberbatch star of such work as Sherlock, Star Trek: into Darkness and Dr. Strange (2016). Chris interviews Benedict about his new film The imitation game.
The show covers topics that are all over the nerdy spectrum; from Lord of the Rings down to comic books. The way they cover it is unique though, as they put a slightly more comical spin in it. I think this makes it more interesting, as a regular nerd-related podcast may be boring by comparison.
I like this podcast because you almost feel like you're getting to know the subject. I like the interview style because it is more laid back and gives more of a personal perspective. As Hardwicks states in the interview "it's a podcast, you can say whatever you want." I think this is key. Because it is an internet podcast, they can do and say what they want on the air. This gives them more freedom to properly articulate their thoughts better which I think makes the interview and the overall podcast more genuine.
The Nerdist- Benedict Cumberbatch
*The Imitation Game.
ReplyDelete