For my assignment I decided to look into the weekly segments of comedy tag team "Charlamagne The God” and Andrew Schulz in their podcast titled “The Brilliant Idiots”. What interested me in choosing this specific podcast had much to do with my fascination with 105.1 Power Fm radio personality, Charlamagne The God. I’m also a fan of actor/comedian Andrew Schulz as well from his television show ‘Guy Code’. I’m actually a new listener to the show but I instantly got attached with the fearless attitude and ability to have fun with their podcast. Opposed to the common structure of most podcasts nowadays it is refreshing to listen in on one where the two hosts are simply just speaking their minds. Of course they have topics lined up to talk about, but there are absolutely no restrictions on their freedom of speech. The listener learns this after the first 30 seconds of an episode.
Although they both come from comedic backgrounds and have an unorthodox scheme for titles such as “Prejudice is Wack and These Hoes Ain’t Loyal” and “Is Steven Seagal About To Rape Me?”, The Brilliant Idiots are far from two jokers simply blabbering bias opinions. Both co-hosts are very down-to-earth, opinionated people who have no problem in explaining themselves.
A nice feature to the show is when they bring in other personalities, musicians, etc. They go about their interviews in a very friendly, respectable manor. I listened in on one of their more recent episodes where they interviewed a female rapper named ’Snow The Product’. I’m a fan of hers so naturally I wanted to look into it. I know Charlamagne is notorious for being offensive and insulting things he doesn’t like, but I was happily surprised when I listened to him treating her with respect. He was a fan of hers and showed praise to her music as well as her personality. Both hosts of course were throwing one-liners and other jokes throughout the interview but the mood of the whole session was a calm and friendly one.
I can happily say I was not disappointed when I tuned into 'The Brilliant Idiots’. I will definitely be tuning in on a regular basis and look forward to the upcoming conversations and interviews they host. To anyone who enjoys sarcastic humor and opinionated self-confidence will definitely get a kick out of this series!
No comments:
Post a Comment